WHEN TO BE SILENT
1. Be silent in the heat of anger – Pro 14:17
2. Be silent when you don’t have all the facts – Prov 18:13
3. Be silent when you haven’t verified the story – Deut 17:6
4. Be silent if your words will offend a weaker person – 1 Cor 8:11
5. Be silent when it is time to listen – Prov 13:1
6. Be silent when you are tempted to make light of holy things – Eccl 5:2
7. Be silent when you are tempted to joke about sin – Prov 14:9
8. Be silent if you would be ashamed of your words later – Prov 8:8
9. Be silent if your words would convey the wrong impression – Prov 17:27
10. Be silent if the issue is none of your business – Prov 14:10
11. Be silent when you are tempted to tell an outright lie – Prov 4:24
12. Be silent if your words will damage someone else’s reputation – Pro 16:27
13. Be silent if your words will damage a friendship – Prov 16:28
14. Be silent when you are feeling critical – Jam 3:9
15. Be silent if you can’t say it without screaming it – Prov 25:28
16. Be silent if your words will be a poor reflection of God on you – 1 Pe 2:21-23
17. Be silent if you may have to eat your words later – Prov 18:21
18. Be silent if you have already said it more than one time – Prov19:13
19. Be silent when you are tempted to flatter a wicked person- Prov 24:24
20. Be silent when you are supposed to be working instead – Prov 14:23
“WHOEVER GUARDS HIS MOUTH AND TONGUE KEEPS HIS SOUL FROM TROUBLES” (Prov 21:23).
“BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD” (Ps 46:10)
“BE QUICK TO HEAR AND SLOW TO SPEAK”.
However, to be silent in some situations is not an act of foolishness, it is simply a display of divine wisdom.
May none of us fail the test of time. Amen!
God bless you all.
Originally written by Pastor Biodun Idris
Easy Related Posts
7 WAYS TO OVERCOMING LIMITATIONS AND BREAKING BARRIERS
Good to be here again, it's yet another inspirational Monday and I will be rounding ...read more
WORD FOR TODAY: DISCIPLINE
Discipline is the assertion of control over more base desires and it is synonymous with ...read more
One of the many fascinating trait of the Eagle is their ability to focus and ...read more
YOUR MINDSET BREEDS YOUR REALITY
Did you know that your thought is directly proportional to your reality?Did you know that ...read more